1. Today we are talking about tables in Power Point. First, let’s remember some basic vocabulary.
2. Good. Now we are going to watch a video about how an Excel file can be embedded in Power Point. Watch and answer the questions in the video.
3. Well done. Now let’s use this in a context. Read the tutorial and answer the questions after it.
CREATING A TABLE IN A CONTENT PLACEHOLDER
The easiest way to create a slide that contains a table is to use the Title and Content slide layout.
1. Open the Home tab on the Ribbon and then click the New Slide button in the Slides group to add a slide with the Title and Content layout.
A new slide is created.
2. Click the Table icon in the center of the Content placeholder.
The Insert Table dialog box appears, as shown in Figure 1.
3. Set the number of rows and columns you want for the table and then click OK.
The table appears, as shown in Figure 2.
4. Type information into the table’s cells.
You can click any cell in the table and start typing. Or you can move from cell to cell by pressing the Tab key or the arrow keys.
5. Play with the formatting if you want.
You can use Table Tools on the Ribbon to control the formatting for the table.
6. Stop and smell the roses.
Here is all. Well done!