1. Elizabeth from Talking Software is having a conference call to discuss the rollout of the new ERP software for Cleverbox. Look at the chart and answer the questions.
1 When will the project kick off?
2 Who is responsible for the Finance department?
3 What department does Chuck lead?
4 Who is in charge of upgrading the MPLS?
5 When will the data freeze start for the Finance department?
6 Which department will be migrating data on May 9th?
7 When will HR start testing?
8 When will Manufacturing cutover?
1. Listen to the extract and complete the missing dates 1-5 on the chart.
E.g. project kickoff: January 21
2. Listen to the extract again. Say if the following statements are TRUE (T) or FALSE (F)
4. Complete this extract from an email using some of the words above.
It is a great way to learn how a larger site is constructed.
If you aren’t given the project, don’t kick a dead horse and just put up.
We were not convinced to change the whole layout, however persuasive the arguments were.
Additional samples are being developed right now so that you have a general image.
New techniques are being implemented.
While tiny aspects were being talked over, we found a huge mistake.
A new assistant wasn’t being trained thoroughly.
Over the years, Internet has been accepted as a main marketing tool.
Every bug has been fixed so far; therefore, there is no need to worry about the rollout.
Before we submitted the results, we had been asked to make some corrections.
Many things had been done differently before this cutover was undertaken.
The minor issues will be discussed on Sunday.
In the meantime, you will be taught some basics.
Everything should be done quickly until the dismissal of the CEO has been realised.
The report on the cutover must be finished by Thursday or I’ll kick you all out.
The new version should have been released ages ago.
The accounts must have been blocked because of the operational cutoff.
5. Transform the following sentences into passive voice.
- We will finish all this in no time!
- This tutorial addresses the specific needs and concerns of beginners of all backgrounds.
- In this section, we have described some of the most common features.
- We are putting all these aspects in a wireframe.
- You should have enquired about specifics long ago. Now there is little that you can do.
- They were reviewing the whole input thoroughly.
- Lack of resources had limited us before we finally found a solution.
- They must have reduced their expenditure; otherwise, their sales seem overstated.
- The customer asked for an additional function just as we were ready to send the results.
- This step lays a foundation for everything that follows.
- The company might anticipate new difficulties in the future.
- We were finishing the page when he proposed a revolutionary change that will require hours of work.