1. Fill in the gaps with one of the words offered.
redundancy separacy resilience
power feed compartment network outages
2. Now fill in the gaps with some of the words above.
3. The word ‘separacy’ is a noun. Write down the words related to the term.
e.g. beauty – (verb) to beautify – (adj) beautiful – (adv) beautifully.
4. Listen to the discussion Helmut and Rupert have after the tour. For questions 1-5, choose the correct alternative (A or B).
5. We are going to roleplay a situation at the lesson. Study the information below carefully. You will need to communicate the task to me. Think of the vocabulary and grammar you might need (e.g. might, could; if you located…; undoubtedly)
You are the representative of Data Safe and Sure, a data centre services provider and have been called to a meeting with TEACHER, the IT Manager of VCVQ, a small but growing Venture Capital company. Answer TEACHER’s questions, You need to find out:
- how secure their data is at the moment.
- what would happen if there was a fire / flood / break-in / hardware failure or loss of power or
- explain the advantages of using your data centre which has been purpose built.
Once you have enough information explain that you have two basic offers:
You host and manage all their applications and data and provide a service monitoring service 24/7 and 365 days per year. This costs £ l000/GB per annum
You keep an up-to-date copy of their data in case they have a problem. A remote backup is done once a day that costs f5o a week for no more than 1GB of data backed up.