1. Look at the web page. Which components can you name? 2. Read the extract and drag the words into correct places. A Typical Web Page 3. Now match the phrases with the web page parts. 4. Fill each gap with one suitable word. Quality of communication 5. Read the extract from a book ‘Language Read more about Internet[…]
1. First, go through this quiz on software. 2. Remember the words from your dictionary. Write words/parts of words in the gaps. 3. Now use some of these words in the context. The current state of affairs in Two4com. 4. Finally, let’s revise the passive voice structures. Choose the correct option in each case.
1. You are going to read an article about emotion-detection applications. Before you read, answer the following questions. Generally, are applications good at detecting expressions? Can you give an example of (a) similar app\software? What is it used for? 2. Now read the following article and answer the question that Read more about Passive Voice In The Context Of Software[…]
1. Elizabeth from Talking Software is having a conference call to discuss the rollout of the new ERP software for Cleverbox. Look at the chart and answer the questions. 1 When will the project kick off? 2 Who is responsible for the Finance department? 3 What department does Chuck lead? 4 Who is in charge Read more about Software Lesson 2[…]
1. After analysing the two businesses, Talking Software produced a report for Cleverbox. Read the Executive Summary below and match sentences 1-6 with sections i)—iv)c of the summary. e.g. Two different apps are used to maintain the same function. iv)a Cleverbox Software: Problems & Options Executive Summary Talking Read more about Software Homework[…]
1. Think about your answers to the following questions. Your favourite and least favourite piece of software. I love _______________ because _______________. I hate _______________ because _______________. A piece of software you use regularly and what its advantages and disadvantages are. __________________ is great because __________________. __________________ is not so great because ___________________. 2. Now Read more about Software[…]
1. First of all, let’s revise the vocabulary that we looked at during the lesson. 2. Now fill in the gaps in the add with some of the words from Exercise 1. THE NEW VISION 3. Read the following article on recent issues concerning Facebook and answer the questions.
1. Write down the names for the following devices. 2. Listen to a technician talking about input devices and fill in the gaps with suitable words. Which of the decices from Exercise 1 is describing? 3. Read the following information on the way to describe technical features. Describing functions In the listening, the mouse was Read more about Input Devices[…]
1. First of all, let’s revise what we have learnt in the lesson. Write one word in every gap. It can be a preposition, a linker, or another part of speech. 2. Read the following text. Bits and Bytes Computers do all calculations using a code made of just Read more about Inside The System Homework[…]
1. Look at the advertisement and interpret the information into the normal language. 2. Read the following text paying attention to technical terms. What is inside a PC system? Processing The nerve centre of a PC is the processor, also called the CPU, or central processing unit. This is built into a single chip which Read more about Inside The System[…]